Saturday, June 6, 2009

Abuelita's Birthday!

Yesterday was my Abuelita's birthday.  She turned 81 and she looks so great and is so active and amazing.  She teaches me so much-from how to make the perfect mexican rice to how to fix my knitting mistakes to telling me about her life when she was young in Mexico City.  She and I are really close and I just love her so much.   She lives right across the street from me so Kyle and I visit all the time!  Almost every day.  We got together at my parent's house where we had the most delicious dinner and Tres Leches birthday cake!


Abuelita having some birthday dinner!
My Aunt Lupe, my mom's sister, posing for the camera.
My mom with Kyle!
Yummy!
tortitas de pollo!!  So good they're bad. 
My brother, Robi.
Vanessa with baby Coral who turns 4 months tomorrow!
Cousin Elena looking gorgeous as usual!
My dad!

Abuelita with her three great-grandchildren.  (Note:  yesterday Robert dressed Kyle up in that tropical shirt, complete with shorts and flip flops!  He was telling everyone that all Kyle needed was a hammock and a peach margarita!  He makes me laugh :-)

2 comments:

Aleyta said...

That food looks delicious! I'm getting hungry!!

V a n e s s a said...

So CUTE