Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ahoy

One the way to Ventura
With Uncle Alex at the Grove
Reading a book, upside down, on the way back to the hotel.
First day in the hotel room... and the day he REALLY started walking full time!  No more crawling.

I haven't written anything for a while because we've had so much going on!  Since I last wrote Robert, Kyle and I headed down to the Ventura area to visit with Alex and Melissa, who were down there visiting Melissa's family.  We had SO much fun.  I finally found our camera charger so I was able to upload our pictures!  Sometimes, when I am frantically making the house neat because someone is coming over, I have a tendency to shove things anywhere.  Anyway, I also had my friend Debbie's bridal shower and her bachelorette party on two separate weekends.  I was pretty busy all of June.  It was fun!!  Debbie gets married in two days and I am so excited to see her marry Kit, who is such a great guy!  Debbie and I met at our CCD classes in 2nd grade, just before 1st Communion which makes us friends for about 23 years now!  She is my friend that I sometimes not see or talk to forever but somehow, when we do see each other again, it's like no time has passed and we just pick up where we left off.  Next weekend, I am going to my other best friend Natalie's bachelorette party in Monterey (Wine tasting!!) and the week after that, her wedding to wonderful Ryen!  So much going on and all of it is so much fun :-)

On the Kyle front, he is walking around like it's no big deal and getting into EVERYTHING.  He keeps me really busy where it's hard for me to do anything...even finish my blog entries.  Seriously.  I've tried to do one forever.  In fact, the beginning of this post was written a week ago and I had to save it as a draft.  I tried to work on it on 4th of July and titled it as such, and still didn't finish so I have to rename it now!  I even had to change up what I had already written since some things changed!  Now, Kyle is sitting in his high chair chowing down on some saltines so I'm taking advantage of this!  

On another note, we will be moving out of our place by September 1st.  We are really sad because this is the home where Robert and I moved into after we got married and where we became a family.  And I just plain love it because it's perfect and cute.  Robert starts the Police Academy in mid September and since I have yet to find a job, we just can't afford to live here anymore.  We will be moving to my parent's property where they have a mobile home.  It used to belong to my Uncle and it needs a TON of work.  Mostly cosmetic, honestly.  It has a few places where this is some rot that needs to be taken out and fixed.  I have been over there every single day this week stripping wall paper while my mom watches Kyle.  This situation may sound a little dreary but it's a two bedroom, two bathroom mobile home with the washer and dryer actually IN the home.  It's not huge but it's not super small.  It's perfect.  Plus, it has a really cute porch at the entry way and a huge deck on the side that will be awesome for entertaining.  Plus, it's in the corral, right next to my parent's barn with a beautiful view of the hills surrounding the house.  And you can hear the creek running nearby and birds chirping.  So it really is so nice.  I am excited to fix it up and have a party!

Also, Robert and I finally got to see the Astros play the Giants!  I wore a Giants hat and Robert an Astros jersey.  The Astros lost 13-0 but it was fireworks night so we both left happy!

3 comments:

tamara s. said...

I am sure you will make your new home just lovely! You have great style, and there is NOTHING that can't be fixed with some paint, curtains, cheery framed pics, and lovely fresh flowers in vases! Plus, the setting sounds GORGEOUS!

Eugenia & Robert said...

Thank you! You are SO right-those small changes make a huge difference! Hope you're doing great and see you in a few months!

Aleyta said...

YAY for housewarming parties!! Can't wait!!