Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ivy!








So after 38 weeks, we finally got to meet our little girl, Ivy Olivia Campos. She is the sweetest and we love her so much-in fact, we loved her from the second we knew about her, loved her even more the second we laid eyes on her, and love her more and more everyday. Kyle adores being a big brother and he always wants to hold her hand and give her kisses. He is very protective over her. Tonight, my mom was holding her and Kyle yelled, "That's MY sister!" :-) He is the cutest boy.

She came 2 weeks early, unexpectedly, on July 28. I had a very healthy pregnancy but just was super tired by the time I was 36 weeks so I stopped working at that time. On my second week off from work, I started having contractions but thought they were just braxton hicks and ignored them. Two days later, I started thinking these were not fake ones because I was in major pain and they were very close together... I thought, "i'll just go the doctor tonight if they get worse" but luckily, I went against that thought and went in at 11am... and I was already at 5cm.
I did have an epidural (life saver!) but because I was so dehydrated I had to wait until I had
1 1/2 bags of liquid IV'd into me... by the time I actually got it, I was already at 7-8cm... a few hours later the midwife checked me out and Ivy was already pushing her way out! She was delivered right then and there and guess what, I didn't even have to push one bit! They just pulled her gently out and because my water never broke, she was still in her bag of water which I was told is very rare and special for the baby. So it was a perfect delivery and Robert and I were so happy that words can't describe it.

It's definitely been harder having two kids to watch over but I'm getting the hang of it day by day.

No comments: