Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas!

This Christmas was very fun! Kyle loved opening his presents and visiting with his cousins. We spent Christmas Eve and my Uncle Tim and Aunt Lupe's house and it was a very special holiday with all the babies being so big and making Christmas magical again :-) Erika is due in one month from today and is having another baby girl, Lillian! We can't wait to meet her.




On Christas Day we really had nothing to do. I read a book using my new Sony Reader that Robert got me for Christmas. I L-O-V-E books and thought I would miss feeling the paper between my hands and the wonderful smell of a new book, but I'm actually okay. I mean, don't get me wrong, there is nothing like a new book but at least now, with my Reader, I can just download any book I want and start reading right then and there! It was especially helpful when I had a book club meeting a few days after Christmas and I still hadn't bought the book. (It is a super good book by the way-The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I highly recommend!) Anyway, on Christmas Day evening we decided to go on a little family drive into San Francisco. There were a LOT of people out and about that day! We just thought we'd drive around until we thought of something to do. We went past Pier 39 and saw the gigantic Christmas Tree with tons of people swarmed around it. We drove down Fisherman's Wharf where there were also lots of people lined up outside of restaurants to have their Christmas dinners. We turned and started into North Beach where we went down Lombard Street with all the other tourists that day and then headed up to Coit Tower to take a look at the view on that cold night. Many other people had the same idea because every single parking spot was taken! It was a really different but nice way to spend the day together. :-) We can't wait until next Christmas when Kyle starts talking about, looking forward to, and believing in Santa!

No comments: