Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a really great Easter yesterday.  In the morning, Kyle and I went to church (Robert had to work really early).  Kyle was SO good in church and they've started a new tradition where instead of an Easter Egg Hunt, they give out little Easter cards with chocolate crosses to all the kids at the end of mass.  Erika took Elena up to receive one, so I took Kyle up.  

Later on in the day, we had Easter dinner at my parent's ranch and it was really fun!  We did a little Easter egg hung in the front yard for Kyle and Elena (plastic eggs only, no candy).  Next Coral will be old enough to participate.  She is only a little over 2 months old now so she slept through it.  

Yesterday was also my 30th birthday.  It is really weird to not be in my 20's anymore.  I remember entering my 20's like it was yesterday so it feels strange to realize how fast it all went.  But I had a great decade and went through SO Many changes.  I'm thinking that my life changed more in my 20's than it maybe ever will.  I began them while living with my parents and being a college student and ended them with being married and having a baby; being an adult!!  Yikes!  :-)

Kyle also has been going through some changes, as well!  He has a second tooth now (I keep trying to photograph it LOL) and he has also taken up dancing. lol  Everytime he hears a song he starts shaking his hips from side to side!  It's really cute :-)  He has also started to stand up without holding on to anything.  He does it and gets a BIG smile across his face and he's just so proud of himself!

I bought Kyle this bag for Easter eggs at Rite Aid!  I love it!
Elena learned how to open the plastic eggs!
Kyle amidst Elena's overturned basket of eggs

The spread.  Erika, Robi and Lupe!

Kyle loves to taste everything he picks up.  
Me and Kyle!
Elena can walk and pick up the eggs herself.  Kyle's jealous LOL  Just a few more months and he'll be able to, too!
This is Kyle's newest smile.  I think he likes the way his teeth feel when he smiles like that! 
Baby Coral.  Isnt' she so cute?
Hanging in the playpen outside.
And this is Kyle not holding on when he stands.  Although it looks like he is leaning on the side of the playpen.  I think I took the picture one second too late.  

2 comments:

Aleyta said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
And can I please come over for some of that "spread" food looks amazing!!!! xoxo

Eugenia & Robert said...

thank you and anytime!!