Tuesday, April 21, 2009

hot hot hot

The weather has been SO hot lately!  I love it!  Living in Half Moon Bay means that the weather can be pretty unpredictable at times.  I mean, it sprinkled and was so ugly outside on my wedding day.  In July!  So having this heat wave in April is pretty cool since it's usually raining in April!  

Because of this amazing weather, we have been spending a lot of time outside since most houses out here do not have air conditioning and a fan just isn't going to cut it!  I have gotten some great pictures throughout these past few days!

On Friday, Kyle and I went for a long walk all over town meeting a friend for coffee, then meeting my dad for coffee across town.  It was a great way to start the gorgeous day!  Afterwards, we hung out in our backyard and my cousin Vanessa came to visit and I got a couple really cute pictures!
Kyle playing with his toys in our backyard.
Kyle with his pretty Aunt Vanessa.

Yesterday, we met with our friend Colin, his daughter Savannah, and his friend Michelle and her 3 year old daughter and 8 day old son at Kelly Beach.  Colin is a police officer in Half Moon Bay and we became good friends while working together.  He and Robert have started going surfing together!  Yes, Robert is now surfing, which he used to tell me he probably would never do!  Colin moved from the Central Valley almost 3 years ago and started surfing so he is giving Robert pointers and they've been surfing together at least once a week.  It was SO hot at the beach and totally a beautiful day.  Robert did some surfing but since he is still learning, it was actually a little too rough out there for him to really learn anything.   We had a good time and I just enjoyed watching and snapping pictures of Kyle.  Even though I slathered some 50spf lotion on him, he still left a little red and a lot exhausted! :-)
At the gas station on our way!

Daddy and Kyle in a frame-able shot
By this time, Kyle was ready to go home!
Robert is the dark speck in the middle of the picture swimming in the ocean.  

Although he didn't catch any waves, he remains optimistic! 

Today we went to my parent's house to hang out in their front yard.  It was really cute since their dog and cats hung with us, as well!
Robert in his "hot-day" outfit.  (He literally asked me to put this picture on here with that caption.)

Kyle in our bed before we left
My parent's dog, Freddy!
Kyle with a very interested Rascal
He loves to make bubbles like this LOL
Rascal

Charlie
My boy :-)

3 comments:

nats said...

I love ALL of these pics!!! So cute! I love the one of Kyle at the beach, looking at you with this look like "okay mom, I'm ready to go!" I also enjoyed "Robert's hot day outfit"...haha...silly Robert!

Ali said...

i love those photos! i love the one where he is blowing bubbles. Love it!!! too cute! i can't wait to see him soon and give him a big hug

Aleyta said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS!!!!!