Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kyle's 1!

Yesterday was Kyle's 1st birthday!  We had a fun party at our house yesterday full of food, cake, sun, and swim!  

Kyle wore his special sailor suit that his Grandpa Campos bought for him before he was even conceived!  :-)


 
Doesn't he look so cute?!?!
My cousin Sonia bought Kyle a kiddy pool and my cousin Erika bought Kyle a slide!  It is a perfect gift since we have a great backyard for those kinds of things and it was also perfect for yesterday as it was a HOT day for HMB!
Kyle LOVED it!  He and Elena were splashing around and screaming with joy.  Everyone was just watching and it was so entertaining!
Kyle hadn't opened his presents yet (where he received two pairs of swim trunks) so he was wearing some shorts over his diaper!  It's so funny because since both of them were wearing diapers, they had HUGE bottoms since the gel in the diapers absorbs all the water hehe  



My mom made Kyle's birthday cakes.  She made a big one that was for everyone to eat and a small one that was just for Kyle to get his hands into!
I drew a little monkey on the cakes and my mom colored them in with frosting.  
He LOVED his cake!


The aftermath:
After cake, we stayed outside and opened up Kyle's presents.  He got so many cute clothes and some really fun toys.  Since he had just had cake then gotten back into the pool, he opened presents in his birthday suit!



Grandpa Campos was able to make it to the birthday party, which was so much fun.  We had a really good visit with him :-)

I just can't believe that a year has passed since he was born.  I can remember the MOMENT he was born and I just know that I'll remember it for the rest of my life.  Since he was born at 10:19AM, Robert and I had a champagne toast at that exact time yesterday.  Can't wait for more birthdays!

No comments: