Thursday, March 26, 2009

first week off and pictures!




I made him this hat!

Today is officially one whole week of unemployment.  It's actually been really busy!  My days are flying by.  I have been waking up, feeding Kyle, playing with Kyle, going for walks with Kyle and family, cooking (and experimenting with cooking and liking the random things I'm making!), and tons of knitting and visiting with family.  Oh, plus trying to keep the house tidy despite Robert leaving shoes all of the house.  Right now, his slip-on Vans are randomly sitting to the side of our dining room table!  LOL 

I'm working on four different scarves at the moment.  I get bored sometimes with projects so I have a bunch of projects, when i get bored with one, I can put it down and work on another one.  I work on all of them every day and am almost done with a couple of them.

I went to Fengari again on Main Street and bought some really gorgeous yarns.  There was a scarf there that was selling for $150 and when I looked at the stitch, it was a super easy one!  I bought the materials (which were pricey-no wonder the scarf was so expensive!) and am almost done with the scarf!  It is two different yarns, a ribbon-like yarn, and a slightly furry (not TOO furry) soft yarn.  They are really bright colors and I noticed that the scarf actually looks like something you might see in a Betsey Johnson boutique.  So that's cool!  I will post some pictures when I am all done!  

The other three scarves are also really pretty-one is a thin Merino wool in a range of shades of purple.  It's actually sock yarn but I am making a dainty scarf with it using size 2 needles!  I have never made anything with needles so thin so it takes a LOOOOONG time but it's still so pretty that I keep plugging away on it!  

I also bought some handspun-hand-dyed yarn on Etsy.com and I am making a neck warmer with it... it's really a shorter scarf (there wasn't enough yarn for a long scarf) and I'm going to search second hand stores for a really pretty brooch to accent the colors and hold the scarf around the neck.  Lastly, I bought some soft, baby yarn at Michael's a while ago.  It's acrylic yarn, but not a stiff one.  It changes colors as it goes along-from white, to yellow, to baby pink.  It's really pretty and I found a really cool ribbed stitch  for it.  

So I'm having a lot of fun with my new life right now!

No comments: