Thursday, March 26, 2009

Uncle Tootie

Last Thursday, March 19, my dad's only sibling, my Uncle "Tootie," passed away.  He had battled cancer for 11 years.  He had beaten it twice, but with this third occurrence, he wasn't able to beat it again.

Tonight is his rosary and tomorrow is his funeral.  I will be singing at his funeral and I know it will be really, really  hard.  But I think he would be happy for me to do that for him.

Even though he was 72, he just seemed young to me.  I still cannot believe that I will never see him again.  He loved to joke around, hunt, drink coffee, talk politics, be with friends, go on road trips and fish.  He used to have this little Corgi dog, named Corky, and he LOVED that dog.  So much, that after her death, he would still cry from missing her.  I know that now, he is in Heaven with little Corky waddling after him on her short little legs.  

And that makes me smile.


Uncle Tootie drove Robert and I to our reception when we got married, in my grandpa's old Mercedes.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hi Honey, Sorry to hear about your Uncle. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Love you, Al