Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things have been really weird at work lately, and have made me think back to the good ol' days, 4 years ago, when I first started.  Even though I did really dislike my job when I first started, it has grown on me over the years and become a place that I love and that is my second home.  We are like a family!  There are lay offs going on within the City, and I feel like I may be one of them!  I am really trying to be positive and am thinking that I really, really want to keep my job... but if I do get laid off, I will be able to spend all day with Kyle and just enjoy this time in his life; I will be able to read more, work on my craft projects; write; draw; spend time with my Abuelita who is teaching me how to knit more and more things; all until I find something new.  

Here are some pictures during my time at HMBPD...
This picture is from my first few weeks at work.  THey have a big photo board right when you walk into the hallway of our department and this picture is up of me.
One year, we had a Records (I work in the Records department) luncheon in Foster City around Christmas time.  When we got back in the car we decided to stop at Hillsdale Mall on the way back to town and see Santa.  We had some really cute pictures taken, but this is by far my favorite!  These are our REAL personalities!  Santa sure loved us! :-)

This is Marie, one of my co-workers, at a retirement party in 2006 for our former Commander.

This is the day we rented a segway and I rode around the parking lot while shrieking with fright that I was going to fall, but also with laughter because it was so funny!  These two were spotting me in case I started to fall.  It was totally hilarious!

  
The day Robert surprised me at work (along with my parents as accomplices) and asked me to marry him. :-) 

So, I am still not sure what is going to happen with my job, but I do have some great memories!  Hopefully I will still be in touch with my Records ladies and all our officers!  

6 comments:

Aleyta said...

I didn't know you worked for the PD! How wonderful. Crossing my fingers you get to stay at your lovely job...or be a stay-at-home mom...whichever makes you happy!!! ;) xxoo

born to fete said...

hey lady! everything will work out the way its supposed to in the end. how fun would it be to stay home with kyle...and craft! either way, let us know if you need anything and give that kyle a big squeeze from us!

Eugenia & Robert said...

Thank you both for the sweet thoughts! :-) I still haven't found anything out yet but I will post!

Aleyta said...

I thought you would be interested in the new bedside tables I just purchased!! I know you like the same style as I do...I think we should start a decorating blog!!!
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p7627/index.cfm?pkey=cbedside%2Dtables

Love, Aleyta

Eugenia & Robert said...

Ahh, i love them!!!!!!!! I want them!!! I love the blue!! A decorating blog would be awesome and chock full of cute furniture and home accessories like that end table! :-)

Ali said...

i love a woman in uniform! i hope everything goes well with your job but if you do get laid off at least you get to say home with your super cute baby!!!